Your Impact & Investment
in our Community
Changing Lives In Our Community
Every day, Dorchester Habitat sees how safe and stable homes change lives throughout our community.
Thanks to your partnership, Dorchester Habitat helps families achieve the dream of homeownership. Together, we touch more lives and build hope for more of our neighbors. Safe, decent, and affordable homes build thriving communities.
For a current report about Dorchester Habitat’s goals, strategy, capacity, and how we measure our success, please take a look at our audited financial statements. Dorchester Habitat values integrity and transparency in all that we do.
To download the pdf files, please click below.
Your Rights as a Donor
In raising funds from the public, Dorchester Habitat for Humanity will respect the rights of donors as follows:
- To be informed of Dorchester Habitat for Humanity’s mission, of the way that resources will be used, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on Dorchester Habitat for Humanity’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to Dorchester Habitat for Humanity’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured that their gifts will be used for purposes for which they are given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and confidentiality to the extent provided by the law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing Dorchester Habitat for Humanity with the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of Dorchester Habitat for Humanity, or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailings lists that Dorchester Habitat for Humanity may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful, and forthright answers.
This list has been developed and approved by professional organizations engaged in philanthropy.